New Special Project: Black History Walking Tour of Downtown Johnson City
Now accepting applicants!
The Langston Centre and LEAD are partnering with the Johnson City Convention & Visitors Bureau and The Heritage Alliance to develop a Black History Walking Tour of Downtown Johnson City. We are seeking an independent researcher to help conduct original scholarship on local Black history, as well as contribute to the tour’s development, with a completion date of December 1, 2023. The contract award is $5,000.00.
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience working independently and meeting deadlines
- Possess excellent writing, editing, and communication skills
- Be familiar with conducting original research, including primary and secondary source research on-site at archives, libraries, etc. as well as online
- Is knowledgeable about community engagement processes, including oral history practices
- Possesses a B.A., or equivalent combination of education and related experience
RFP & Details
The RFP with detailed information on eligibility requirements, timeline, the application process, and application questions can be accessed HERE.
Applications are due by 5:00 PM on Monday, April 10, 2023. The selected candidate will be confirmed by Friday, April 28, 2023.
Visit the Heritage Alliance’s website to view the full application package along with additional information and resources.